Thursday, April 1, 2010

Non ';High End'; Restaurant for Birthday Meal

I am planning a surprise meal for my wife. She loves Carnival Court so I want to take her to a fun meal but not a long drawn out one so that we can enjoy the band. Does anyone have suggestions for a good meal but not Picasso, Prime oriented. I am thinking maybe fix, olives or sensi since we are staying at the Bellagio. And suggestions would be appreciated.





We like all types of food except she is not a sushi fan. She loves Mexican and Italian.





Thanks again!



Non ';High End'; Restaurant for Birthday Meal


I loved the food at Olives when we ate there on our last visit. Can%26#39;t comment on the others.



Non ';High End'; Restaurant for Birthday Meal


www.yelp.com/lasvegas has many in-depth reviews for almost all Las vegas restaurants. Just enter the name of the restaurant in the searchbox to read reviews.





Isla Mexican Kitchen at Treasure Island(not too far from Carnival Court/Harrahs) has good reviews for a mexican restaurant.




abit more casual, but Yummy! Canneleto%26#39;s in the Venetian. I am sure you would get great service. Wonderful Italian.




thanks for the replys. I thought Olives would be good as well. I will check the other link. I really enjoy the candid reviews of restaurants on this site because you get real posters accounts.





I thought of even doing room service.





Or renting a limo and ordering a pizza and taking a drive.




my biggest fear is my wife does all the planning for trips and I have never been good at her birthdays etc... I am that awlful husband that buys the slippers because she really wants them....a/k/a I do not want to think





So I am trying and I have a gift picked out so I am trying to for once do the right thing.




Mon Ami Gabi at Paris, but get there early enough to sit outside where you will be able to watch the Bellagio water show (as well as people-watching on the strip) while eating. I think Mon Ami would be easy to get to, it%26#39;s stylish, chic, and has wonderful filets and salads at a reasonable price.





Also, if you will be headed later to Carnaval Court, you might think of a way to let the live band know it%26#39;s her bday and see if they can play a fave song of hers. Maybe you could call Harrah%26#39;s, find out the name of the band that will be there, and contact them ahead of time thru their web-site or something.





Finally, and this may be a dopey, over-done idea (and possibly corny), but if you two will be gambling at any time, maybe you could pay the cocktail waitress to bring over a small jewelry gift from you along with her cocktail. It would be a great surprise I would think.




Penazzi%26#39;s at Harrah%26#39;s is very good and that way you%26#39;ll be close to Carnaval Court. I%26#39;ve eaten there and I%26#39;m not one to spend alot of time eating in Vegas.




jackdanflamingo, since you are staying at the Bellagio which is a beautiful hotel you may want to eat there too. She might not be as impressed at many of the non-Bellagio restaurants as she might be at a Bellagio restaurant. Just my thoughts.





Olives(on the outdoor patio overlooking the fountains) or Sensi sound like a nice place for a special dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment