Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wynn-Check in Time Question

I know the standard check in time is at 3pm. I was wondering what the earliest check in time would be? Have anyone ever requested an early check in at the Wynn or Encore?



Wynn-Check in Time Question


oops that sounds bad, meant to say *has



Wynn-Check in Time Question


Hotels will invariably let you check-in at virtually any time of the morning but just whether your room will be ready is impossible to predict. No two days are the same. I%26#39;ve checked in Vegas hotels at 10am and been in my room straight away but on other occasions have checked in at 2.30pm and had to wait 30 minutes for my room.




Hi Royale11,





We always arrive on a Sunday morning. 10:45 am to be exact and have never been able to go straight to our room. We check-in, drop off our bags and head straight to brunch. They usually give us a call around 1:30 to 2:00 to let us know our room is ready. You don%26#39;t say if you are on the resort or tower suites. My experience has been on the tower suites.





Hope this helps you.




royale, every time I%26#39;ve stayed at the Wynn my room was ready at the earliest 2. But I arrive on Sundays and that is a busy housekeeping turnaround day. Blagger%26#39;s take is correct. And you can%26#39;t request early check-in. Late check-out yes. I also stay in Parlors which are bigger and take longer. A regular room on a Monday may be ready at 10 AM. Good luck.




We go during the week and are always able to check in when we arrive around 11:00AM. If we%26#39;re ever told that the room isn%26#39;t ready, we%26#39;ll just drop the bags at the bell desk and have some fun while we wait.




We stayed at Encore in March. Arrived around 11 am (Iremember check out line wasn%26#39;t too bad at the time but an hour later there were significantly more!). Took a cab there, and was advised by bellhop to leave the bags with him as it was kinda early to hope for a room. We then proceed to check-in and sure enough there was a room ready, so we had to return to the bell hop to retrieve our bag. Murphy%26#39;s Law of Early Check In - I guess we were very lucky! That was the start of our very lovely stay.





Now that I think about it, there were 2 ladies checking in before us and I remember the Encore lady saying to them as they were moving away from the counter, we%26#39;ll call your cellphone when your room is ready, so we were pleasantly surprised not to have to wait - heck, 4 hours early is worth something especially at the price they charge for ice LOL. We didn%26#39;t request an early check in but we specifically requested high floor (had read about noise issues), non smoking,1 king bed.




Depends on the day. Wynn is almost always fully committed on Fridays and Saturdays. So weekend check in won%26#39;t usually be early. On the other hand, I have arrived there as early as 9 am on weekdays and gotten my room. If it%26#39;s ready, they%26#39;ll give it to you. And if not, as someone mentioned, they%26#39;ll take your phone number and call you when it is.




Thanks for everyone%26#39;s contribution! Now I can plan my arrival a little better. I m going to make a few stops before I check-in since the chances are that it wont be ready by 10am on memorial day.





So someone mentioned a late check out. Check outs are already 12pm.. how late can you be without being charged an extra night? I am curious...




You can get as late as 4pm, but they are given out like comps, and they tend to be pretty stingy. Much like check in, it all depends on how busy they are. If you are checking out on a day where they were fully committed the night before, and they are fully committed that night, then it can be tough.





I have received it twice at Wynn, based on my play, and other times have been told no. Additionally, it is a guaranteed perk with some premium booking packaged (i.e. fine hotels and resorts by American Express Platinum), so depending on what%26#39;s been booked, there are only so many of those late checkouts to go around.





A tip for you: If you can%26#39;t get late checkout, ask for a spa pass. I have done that on occasion too! I throw whatever I%26#39;m going to want for travel or the rest of the day in a locker, leave the rest of my baggage at the bell desk, and then go on with my day. Before I leave, I can go to the spa, wash up and prepare for travel. Then I just take the small bag from the spa and stick it in my luggage when I retrieve it from the bell desk on my way to the airport!




Ah thanks for the pointer! A spa pass is better then nothing.. I will be driving back, but maybe spending more time at the hotel will allow me to miss that morning traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment