Saturday, April 3, 2010

wing it while in Vegas?

My husband and I are going to be in Vegas over Memorial Day weekend. We are flying in the 21 and leaving the 25. We are staying at the Mirage and are really looking forward to just relaxing. By the pool during the day and hitting the strip at night.





Originally we were going to purchase show tickets, make dinner reservations, etc. ahead of time knowing that Vegas will be busy while we are there. However, we are rethinking our decision and may just wing it instead. Not make any concrete plans and if we decide we would like to go to a show, try and get tickets at that time, etc.





Being Memorial weekend, what are your thoughts? Would we be sorry doing it this way?





Our reasoning for this is while on our honeymoon we took a few excursions, etc. and ended up regretted being so busy.



wing it while in Vegas?


If you really want to see a certain show or dine at some nice restaurant, I%26#39;d book it ahead so you won%26#39;t be disappointed.





I%26#39;ll book a show ahead, but normally wing it for dinner because there are so many dining choices in Vegas, if one is booked I can eat elsewhere.



But then again, I%26#39;ve never been turned away for a 5pm dinner...





If you%26#39;re flexable, wing it.



wing it while in Vegas?


Wing it. Takes all the pressure off.





Enhances relaxation.




If you do not have anything special that you want to do, then don%26#39;t worry about it--just make it up as you go along. If you have your heart set on seeing a specific show, or eating in a specific restaurant, but just are not certain when during your visit you may want to do that, then be prepared to be disappointed, if you can%26#39;t get tkts or a reservation. We%26#39;ve done trips where we had many shows booked, and ones where we%26#39;ve had nothing reserved in advance. I prefer not to have too many things planned in advance.




I usually wing it where ever I go. If there is something specific I want to do and need a ticket like a sporting event maybe Ill buy a ticket ahead of time.





I dont like schedules. Some people here post their schedules for every hour of everyday, I could not imagine doing that.




I%26#39;m with Goodbeer and Eddie on this 1. I do not make plans. I wing it. Each day I decide what I%26#39;m going to do, then do it.




I like to do a mixture of planning and winging it. I generally book show tickets for 2 or 3 of the 5 nights, make dinner reservations, and leave the rest clear for lounging around and drinking. Over a busy weekend I would have dinner reservations made in advance and would only book a show if I was determined to see it (which I usually am.)




I love winging it. Real life is usually so structured I end up hating any rigid plans when on vacation.




For SOME people, NOT having everything planned would be stressful. I%26#39;m not one of those people.





Rob




Hi! I am also going to be in Vegas next weekend with my BF, my girlfriend and her husband. She has already emailed me her itinerary with what shes doing every minute of everyday, complete with dinner %26amp; a show each evening. A few years back I began removing my watch when I boarded my flight... I want to eat when I%26#39;m hungry, sleep when I%26#39;m tired...etc. I follow a very strict schedule and home/work, so I would much rather wing it! Especially in a place like Vegas where the options are endless :)





Have fun... good luck!




We are headed to Vegas next weekend too. I say wing it, unless it is for a headliner show that may sell out. I also do%26#39;t like tryign to cram things in. We got tix to Lewis Black given the holiday and headliner factors. For dinner we are winging it, not sure if before or after show will be right. As other said, there are way too many good places, esp. at Mirage.





Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment