Thursday, April 8, 2010

TR: May 7-11, Ceasar's, La Reve, Buffets, Slots, Clubs

H everyone! Just getting back this Monday night from Vegas and wanted to give a quick report on my weekend, it was awesome.





Ceasar%26#39;s Palace: We were there on a comped room, however, we simply asked the person at check-in if there was an opportunity to upgrade and we were upgraded for free to a suite in the forum towers on the 68th floor - very nice room and bathroom, only problem, is there is no window - where there should be a window was a mirror....weird...but we got used to it! I absolutlely loved CP, I typically stay at the palazzo or venetian when i travel to LV for work, but I would def stay at CP again. Also very good food choices here as well.. The pool area is under construction, but the main pool is open and the sign said construction would be completed in summer 2009 - not sure if that will be on track or not. We did have to arrive at the pool at 9am when it opened to reserve chairs, after reserving our chairs we grabbed breakfast and returned to the pool.





Night Clubs: We went to PURE, Poetry, and the Christian Audieger club at TI while we were there, we got tons of passes for other places, but were really worn out after the pool, sightseeing, etc each day.





Buffets: We went to the TI buffet one night and to the Mirage another night - I like the Mirage the best, but discovered that I really don%26#39;t eat enough food to make the buffet worth my $$. The best meal I had was a late night meal at Augustus Cafe in CP - steak and crab legs for $28 bucks - just enough.





La Reve: Absolutely loved it. Was not sold out at all. We sat in the splash zone and would do it again - maybe about 10 water drops hit us. was great to make eye contact with the performers. I have seen O and Love as well. I like O better, but La Reve was definitely worth seeing as well.





Slots: I hit for $300 on the Reel Winners penny slot in CP and also saw someone hit for $2500 on a penny slot in CP - not much luck other than that, a few bucks here and there with black jack...





Wax Musuem - visited this for the 1st time and was really impressed. also they had a 1/2 off admission for mom%26#39;s on mother%26#39;s day, i thought that was nice. great photo ops with the celebs!



TR: May 7-11, Ceasar's, La Reve, Buffets, Slots, Clubs


Thanks for the TR. I love hearing what%26#39;s going on in Vegas, plus nice win on the penny slots.



TR: May 7-11, Ceasar's, La Reve, Buffets, Slots, Clubs


I%26#39;m getting that way with the buffets myself.



heh No window? Don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ve ever seen that before. Strange. How was the club at TI?





Ty for the TR!




thanks for the concise TR!



congrats on at least one little win on the pennies :)





how were the clubs you made it out to? busy?




GREAT trip report...sounds like you had a wonderful time! I don%26#39;t think I could stay in a room with NO window though...would drive me crazy (haha)! I agree, I like %26#39;O%26#39; better but Le Reve is still FANTASTIC and definitely worth seeing!



Thanks for sharing!




PackLitely,



Are you saying there was no window in the Suite at all, or was it just in the bathroom that there wasn%26#39;t a window. Sounds interesting.




Club reviews:





The club at TI had just opened, its really nice inside and has an outdoor area. It wasnt too crowded the night we went so were able to get a table and thy played a good mix of music.





Poetry at Forum Shops: More of a hip-hop club but too small for me. I like the music, but it was a younger crownd and I need a little bit more personal space than was available :-)





Pure: Typical Vegas club, lots of waiting in line unless you were on the guest list (which is easy to get on during the day if you go by the club), very big and plenty of different types of music - would go back again, i was just plain tired that night so didnt really ';get my club on'; if you will ;-)





The mirror in ourr suite...LOL...now I wish I had a photo of it to post! So we had a two room suite - living room had a ';window'; and the view was a cement wall with a slither of sunlight.





THe bedroom had a ';window'; but when you opened the curtains to check out the view, it was a huge mirror.





When we got upgraded to this suite the guy asked if we were claustraphobic actually, apparently most people really need a window - go figure ;-) It was odd to wake up in the AM and it still be pitch black in the room and I did miss the view but for the space and cool bathroom/shower/tv it was fine, we really weren%26#39;t in the room that much anyway!!





Thanks everyone,



PL




Nice trip report. Not sure if I could have dealth with the ';mirror'; window.




Nice TR. Like others, the window issue may have bothered me. I%26#39;ve stayed in an interior stateroom on a cruise ship before, and I HATED that.





You must have been in a room in Forum that somehow bumped up against one of the other towers, lost the view out the window thanks to construction. Were you really on the 68th floor? I didn%26#39;t even know that tower went that high!

No comments:

Post a Comment