Thursday, April 8, 2010

Anyone use a wild card at Thriftys?

I am looking at rates here for renting a car next weekend for a week and saw this wild card for 131.00 guaranteed mid size or bigger so not sure what to do.



Anyone use a wild card at Thriftys?


Also forgot to ask what kind of credit card hold do they have? I am used to Alamo and not having any hold and tying up my funds haha



Anyone use a wild card at Thriftys?


I have used Thrifty many times, but never a wild card. I have ALMOST used it, but generally just took a lower rate on the car I wanted.





Are you using a credit card or debit card? The rules are all displayed on their agreement page. I think they SAY up to the full amount plus $200 or something like that, but I%26#39;ve never had my card declined and I usually use a card for car rentals that I don%26#39;t keep much free space on (a Capital One Platinum card that covers the damage waiver).





Rob




Did the rate include all taxes and charges?




No I just checked and it didn%26#39;t...sure adds up fast. Prices seem so high this time I think we may skip it and taxi or bus will be just as cheap splitting it




We did a Thrifty Wild card in Portland , OR a few months ago- and got the mid sized car that we would have normally gotten , just saved a few dollars off the listed price. The clerk told us they sometimes do put people in bigger cars but that day they didn%26#39;t need to.





Amazing about rental cars isn%26#39;t it- those taxes and other assorted charges are about as much as the daily rental fee they post by the time you%26#39;re done- especially if you rent from an airport. Our local Commission just turned down an extra $2/day tax on rental cars to help fund our light rail system..





I was looking the other day to arrange a rental in Seattle and on Hotwire they had posted $26.95, but when I clicked they said ';sorry, this rate has changed to $70/day'; and that was before taxes etc- it%26#39;s just nuts lately!





Anyway, we were fine with the Wild Card arrangement- it worked for us- we didn%26#39;t plan to be going far and having to buy much gas and figured it wouldn%26#39;t matter what car they gave us.




Hi



We did a wild card in February and they let you choose from 1 or 2 rows. The only ones they had at the time were PT Cruisers. We loved it. Nice and roomy and good on gas. I%26#39;d go for it again.




I did a wildcard with Thrifty at DTW last summer and got a brand new Dodge Durango SUV for a week. I%26#39;ll be doing it again when I go in July this year.




Yes, in San Diego. We got a craptastic Crown Victoria! Hopefully, you have better luck in Vegas. I always go with Thrifty (Blue Chip member) in Vegas and they seem to have really good (mid-size and up) cars.





Good luck!




every car is a wild car a Thrifty. sometime needs oil change, no windheild fluid once got pulled over because back break light went out.:?

No comments:

Post a Comment