Saturday, April 3, 2010

Whats happening in Vegas this week?

Hi All





Just wondered if anyone knew if there was anything special going on in Vegas this week commencing 05/16/09 as alot of hotels are sold out?





I arrive for a week on the 16th and worried I have missed something and it will be heaving??





Many thanks for any responses, and cannot wait to arrive!!



Whats happening in Vegas this week?


Canadian long weekend ie May Two Four (Victoria Day Holiday is Monday, May 18th) so that may be a small part of an influx



Whats happening in Vegas this week?


Many thanks Elmer x




Its memorial day/weekend




Also Jimmy Buffett ooncert at MGM this Saturday. Don%26#39;t laugh, a lot of people go for the block parties beforehand without even going to the concert.






Also my understanding is there are several very large conventions this week, beginning 5/17. I had a similar experience with rooms being either sold out or very expensive when I booked--we arrive the 17th also.




Debbie I%26#39;m guessing people are finally snagging up all the great deals Vegas is offering. I had a heck of a time getting decent priced rooms for the last weekend of May! No rooms were under $189! Well maybe Bills was $160, but c%26#39;mon??? Even my MGM wanted $189! All Paris, Bally, Harrahs, Flamingo comp rooms were gone.... TI came through for me or I might have canceled my trip!





Have a great trip to Vegas!




I can tell you that it%26#39;s not because it%26#39;s Memorial Day wknd because that%26#39;s the following wknd (5/23,24,25) ;], not the 16th as was previously mentioned.




Hard for me to believe but maybe the Helldorado festival is attracting visitors.




Thank you all for replies, knew I could rely on the experts on here, although some not sure when Memorial Day is, lol x




The Global Real Estate Convention starts 5/18 (thru 5/21) and I think its huge... maybe those people arrive early for the weekend...?

No comments:

Post a Comment