Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hotel Suggestion

Hi,





I%26#39;m taking my daughter and one of her friends to Vegas for her 21st b-day. What I%26#39;m looking for in a hotel room is a larger suite. I%26#39;m hoping to take the bed and let them crash on a fold out couch. We%26#39;d like a nice hotel on the strip where the two 21 years old will feel right at home. Money isn%26#39;t really the issue but I%26#39;d like to know the best deal around.





Also looking for things to do while there. Our current list of things we%26#39;re considering are-





Thunder from Down Under



Zumanity



and the vampire strip show? (not sure of the name)





Suggestions, insights, reviews are all appreciated!





Thanks



leslie



Hotel Suggestion


Also to add to the above,





We would like a hotel with a pool (or 2 or 3) and prefer gambling onsite but if there%26#39;s gambling next door that would be close enough.



Hotel Suggestion


All of the rooms in the Venetian and Palazzo are suites. They don%26#39;t have walls between the living and sleeping areas but they are separated by a couple of steps (they are sunken living rooms). The couches pull out to beds. If you don%26#39;t like the size of the standard suites (called Luxury Suites) you can upgrade to a sligtly larger one. I do suggest booking one with a view though. I%26#39;ve stayed at both the V and P, but prefer the P.



Also, you said you are considering Zumanity but I think you might want to reconsider that. Even though they are old enough to see it, I don%26#39;t think you will be comfortable. I am close with my mom and am going to Vegas with her in July but would never see Zumanity with her. It%26#39;s really geared toward couples. I saw it with my boyfriend and had fun but would be so uncomfortable with my mom. But, it%26#39;s entirely up to you. I would suggest a Cirque show with a WOW factor, like O. O is absolutely beautiful.




By the way, the pools at the Palazzo are beautiful.




i would recommend a Palazzo Bella, it is the base room at palazzo but with two queen beds, and request a version with the fold out bed in the sectional couch. EZ sleeping arrangements for 3 without the hassle of a roll away......really nice rooms....sketchy service but who cares, you can pay big and get that anywhere in Vegas.





pool enjoyable also and you can get a 20 oz. soda for $2.50 at the pool shop instead of paying $5 plus a tip like at Encore.





www.palazzolasvegas.com/pal_bella_suite.aspx





don%26#39;t waste any money on that concierge upgrade either...its nice for free, but for $100 a night you can buy your own croissant and coffee.




You might want to look into a tower suite at 900 plus sq feet at Treasure Island where the price wont break the bank.





The Venetian also has a decent size room but no privacy.





I dont agree with any of your show choices.





I would go and see Mystere or Love.




thanks for the heads up on Zumanity... maybe we%26#39;ll skip that one!





I%26#39;ve been looking at the rooms at both Venetian and Palazzo and they look wonderful! I think so far the best deals I%26#39;ve found are at those two.. I did find an offer for Encore, which I love the look of the hotel... but the ';suites'; have no separation whatsoever..




How about the Trump Suites right across the street from the Encore? You can get a great price on Hotwire...look for five star center strip. You can also review prices, etc., on Better Bidding.com





Happy 21st. I have one of those (not me) coming up this year.....





Shopthegiftbasketstore.com




Between Venetian and Palazzo I would recommend the Venetian if you are going to have two 21 year olds in tow. IMO the Palazzo feels like an older crowd. The rooms are nearly identical for both.




Planet Hollywood has cool suites and the new 21%26#39;s will LOVE that place. Great strip location (!), great club in Prive. Just a cool scene. I think the Boulevard suites have a game table like ping pong and you can get a SEPARATE adjoining bed room. Just something to consider.





Only downside is not the best pool. They do have 2 pools though with a DJ on weekends (the kids like that).





http://www.planethollywoodresort.com/




Probably NOT the hotel you%26#39;re looking for but the MGM Grand has some incredible deals going on and the girls would love it there. You could get two rooms adjoining (king room for you/queen for them) and that way you%26#39;d have two bathrooms and everyone would have their own COMFORTABLE bed (or one queen room and the girls could share a bed). There are numerous dining options at the MGM and the girls would LOVE the pool complex there with it%26#39;s four pools and Lazy River. Also, the MGM is very close to two of your shows...Thunder and Zumanity.



I look my daughter to Vegas for her 21st and we saw Love, O and Cher. She LOVED %26#39;O%26#39;, liked LOVE and her absolute favorite was CHER! Haven%26#39;t seen any of the shows you%26#39;ve got lined up so I can%26#39;t comment.



Napoleon%26#39;s Lounge at the Paris is a great place to spend an evening with your daughter...the duelling pianos are FANTASTIC! My daughter LOVED it there!



It%26#39;s definitely expensive to take girls to Vegas but the memories are worth every penny. Have FUN!


  • beauty tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment