Saturday, March 27, 2010

Presidential Limo Up-Charge

Hi, all! I have been lurking around here for a while in preparation for a trip in July. I%26#39;ve been to Vegas 20+ times; however, after the birth of my son the trips/frequency have dramatically changed!





So my question - We used Presidential Limousine for our last trip two years ago. I just called to make a reservation and upon completing the information with the agent, he informed me that they would charge my CC, the day before, for the amount +30% for ';any additional charges.'; The 30% would be credited back a few days later, if we didn%26#39;t use it. I told the guy, ';Look all we want is taken to the hotel. There won%26#39;t be any other charges.'; He said that is their policy and when you rent a car they do the same thing - I disagreed. I don%26#39;t believe they did this the last time we used them.





Did anyone else have this happen and when was this put into place. It made me angry and I cancelled the reservation. The $30 isn%26#39;t the issue, but I don%26#39;t want the hassle of checking to see if it was credited or dealing with the overcharge if it wasn%26#39;t.





I called National Transportation and made arrangements for a one way trip for $60. No charges, extra fees, etc. Said we could pay cash or CC upon arrival at the hotel.



Presidential Limo Up-Charge


Never heard of this 30% add on, Robyn. We used Presidential last week, last August, and I just booked another ride about an hour ago.





We%26#39;ve had outstanding service and NO hidden fees with this company.



Presidential Limo Up-Charge


I used them the end of March, I didn%26#39;t get charged anything extra up front. In fact, I could have paid in either cash or by cc. They did require my cc number at time of booking though.




I%26#39;m wondering if they do this all the time, but since I called direct and didn%26#39;t book it online, they told me about it.





Oh well!




This may well be their policy. I was not charged until after the event,actually a couple of weeks after I came home, and it was just the $60 for a trip from the airport to the %26#39;sign%26#39; and to our hotel, therefore I never knew about it. I wouldn%26#39;t worry in any case. I think they are a very reputable company. They certainly have a lot of folks on this site who seem to attest to that.




FYI - I was curious about this previous phone conversation and contacted Presidential through their chat line. Following is a copy of the chat:



Please wait for a site operator to respond.





You are now chatting with %26#39;Presidential Limousine%26#39;





Presidential Limousine: Hello.





Presidential Limousine: Please let me know if there is anything that I may help you with today.





you: hi I recently called to book an airport transfer - as I was having trouble with our website.





you: the person I spoke with told me after my reservation was complete - that I would be charged 30% over the cost, the day prior to the reservation, for any additional charges that we may incur.





Presidential Limousine: Should be 48 hours in advance.





you: so you do upcharge 30%? and then refund at a later date?





Presidential Limousine: It will be a ';pre authorization'; , and yes, it will be credited back after the res is complete.





you: if the ';additional service are not needed';





Presidential Limousine: Right.





you: thank you for clarifying





Those who use Presidential should be aware they do preauthorize/charge you for 30% over their quote and then refund the difference if you ';do not use additional services';.





You may want to verify your charges.




Why is it that you are the only person here that claims this?





It must be a conspiracy, huh?




BTW, if you booked National Transportation, why are you still hung up on PL????





Do you work or have a family member that works for National?





Odd that you keep bringing up PL.




Ha! I was only sharing the information. As I noted I have used them in the past and this wasn%26#39;t disclosed. Take it for what it%26#39;s worth.





And Yes I did book with someone else but was just thinking to myself why hasn%26#39;t anyone else mentioned this and I rechecked through their chat.





Oh yes it%26#39;s a big conspiracy! Give me a break.




no big deal - just as hotels put a hold on a card, apparently so does presidential. the terms were disclosed, you didnlt like them and went elsewhere. good.



no reason to make you angry - terms are terms, maybe this a new policy, maybe not. you don%26#39;t like the terms you don%26#39;t use presidential.




If this is a new policy- then people should be told about it. That is one of the things that makes this forum useful-sharing information. Thanks.



Car rentals also put a hold on your cc.

No comments:

Post a Comment