Saturday, March 27, 2010

Buffets: Love 'em or Hate 'em???

Ok, so i%26#39;m bored....sitting here at work in a meeting and have the laptop going...so I thought I would bring up a topic that seems to be decisive.





Buffets....Love %26#39;em or Hate %26#39;em?





For me, it kind of goes with the whole Vegas ';Everything in Excess'; theme. Not that I pig-out, but the idea of going into one place and having Sushi, Crab-Legs, Pizza, and Pheasant seems like the thing to do in LV.





In real life, I eat a lot of business meals and would never in a million years go to a buffet. With the family we sometimed do, but that is more to go to a place that everyone in the family can find something to eat...and that is rare.





The wife and I would not go out on a ';Date Night'; and go to a buffet.





So I am interested, when people post with so much venom about LV buffets, is it really the case that they don%26#39;t like them in LV or that they usually don%26#39;t eat them at home?



Buffets: Love 'em or Hate 'em???


I%26#39;m a big boy. I love a good buffet. But I was surprised to find out, if you eat 2 nights in a row, you can actually tire of prime rib after about 4 lbs, Lmao



Buffets: Love 'em or Hate 'em???


I don%26#39;t usually eat at buffets anywhere else but Vegas (perhaps on a cruise ship), but I do enjoy the Vegas buffets.





What I HATE is the behavior of some people at buffets. Disgusting. Touching the food with their hands then putting it back, loading their plate with so many crab legs they drop them on the floor on their way back, monopolizing a carving line or grill station, etc., etc.





Buffets sometimes make me embarrassed to be a member of the human race. :)




I love buffets. I sometimes eat them at home but always do in Vegas. Bally%26#39;s Sterling Brunch is my favorite. I love seafood and that is one reason I go to the high end ones.




We don%26#39;t eat at them at home.





The only buffet we%26#39;ve eaten at in Vegas is Wynn%26#39;s The Buffet. However, I don%26#39;t consider it a buffet in the traditional sense.





Most of the time when I hear the term ';buffet'; I visualize the buffet that Clark and Cousin Eddie ate at in Vegas Vacation. Pure slop! :)




%26lt;~~~~ wasn%26#39;t aware Paul was behind me at the buffet, Lmao




Hate%26#39;Em, and just discovered this while I was there this weekend :-)





Here%26#39;s why:





1. I never eat enough food to justify the ';all i can eat'; part of the buffet.





2. something about the buffets are so depressing to me...everyone stuffing themselves silly i suppose





3. i would rather have one plate of fabulous food than 10 plates of medicore food that 200 other people have looked at that day.





however, i always get suckered into at least one buffet when im there - its one of those nessecary evils of vegas i support!




OMG, Paulstory...you just reminded me of an experience we had at Tropicana in AC last November.





DH and I were standing in line when this guy breaks between us and reaches into the chopped chicken with his bare hands.





There weren%26#39;t many places to eat on the Boardwalk and we wanted something more than a sandwich.





A waitress sat us in a booth. We got so disgusted with the table manners of a couple next to us. The man had food all over his mouth and literally had stuff running out of his mouth. The woman was coughing food out of her mouth, literally. We almost threw up. Needless to say, we didn%26#39;t finish.





Disgusting!




I also do not go to buffets at home; however, I love a good buffet in Vegas (not every meal). We like the Bellagio buffet the best (have not tried the Wynn though). I enjoy the wide variety of food, including trying several desserts! We%26#39;ll probably go to even more buffets on our trip next month, since we%26#39;ll have my son and daughter-in-law, and my daughter and her boyfriend with us. There%26#39;s something to please everyone.




I don%26#39;t care for them.



I am an chicken and veggies kinda girl, I try and keep a healthy diet on vacation, a buffet will have some healthy choices, but so will the cafe at a far better price.





Also they gross me out.. how many hands touched the same handle, I have seen people lick their fingers pick up a serving spoon,and so on. I just think they are terribly unsanitary.. Yes I know germ are everywhere, but buffet is like a breeding ground.





Meh I just am not a buffet girl, i used to be, I loved all the variety, I just don%26#39;t anymore.




DH told me about a business trip buffet experience. The hotel where they stayed had a breakfast buffet. The guy he was traveling with took a bagel off the buffet and tore it in half and placed the remaining portion on the buffet.





He said as they stood in line waiting for an omelet, the guy was eating bacon and sausage off the buffet...he didn%26#39;t even put it on his plate. Ewwwww!

No comments:

Post a Comment