Saturday, March 27, 2010

Driving to Oatman

Can anyone give me clear directions from Las Vegas Strip to Oatman (incorporating Route 66)?





I%26#39;ve tried Mapquest and other websites and I%26#39;m having no luck. I really need a specific route to follow (ideally returning to vegas on a different route so we see more) with map AND directions.





Any information would be greatly appreciated!



Driving to Oatman


www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp…





I know you say you%26#39;ve tried Mapquest but I can%26#39;t really think what else to offer! Enter the address of your hotel as the starting location. Simply ';Oatman'; will work as the end destination.





The lack of roads through the desert means that returning by a different route isn%26#39;t that easy! The only real alternative (assuming you take Rte 95 on your way there) would be to divert via Kingman on the way back and then take Rte 93 to Vegas. That%26#39;s the road that heads over Hoover Dam so you could check that out but be aware that traffic can be slow and heavy over the dam.



Driving to Oatman


The only way I know how to get from LV to Oatman would be to go through Laughlin Nevada. From Laughlin to Oatman Arizona its only about 30 miles away where you can pick up 66.





Laughlin is about an hour and a half from LV.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oatman,_Arizona







From Laughlin





NV-163 (Crossing into ARIZONA)





NV-163 becomes HWY 163.





Turn RIGHT onto TOPOCK-DAVIS DAM RD/AZ-95. Continue to follow AZ-95.





Turn LEFT onto BOUNDARY CONE RD/CR-153. Continue to follow CR-153.







End at Oatman, AZ









Estimated Time: 46 minutes Estimated Distance: 30.21 miles




I have gone to Oatman via Laughlin. You do go on a section of Rt. 66 just prior to getting into Oatman. From Bullhead City, there are decent paved roads going to Oatman, and also a short cut through the desert that is not paved and rough. I was advised not to take that route with a car.





Hope this helps.




Thanks for all that info!





Is it fairly straight forward to get to? I assume I%26#39;d leave Vegas and just head for Laughlin then other places would be sign posted along the way?





Think I might need to get Satnav!!





Thanks again!




There really is no need for GPS or any other navigational aids. As I said in my earlier post roads in the desert are far and few between. The most rudimentary map reading skills are all that are required.




Women and maps - the deadly duo hhaha. Just kidding!!!!




Cantoncross - My problem excatly!! HAHA To make things even worse.....it%26#39;s a blonde female with map!! Oh dear!! HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment