Monday, December 12, 2011

Wasted Space at Hardrock - how far from MGM and questions?

Hi

Planning my upcoming trip and would kinda like to goto Wasted Space at Hard Rock Hotel on a Thursday when they have a band as me and the missus love rock music and a good band.

But I have questions.

1. Is it walkable from MGM Grand?

2. Any ideas on the cover charge?

3. Whats the drink prices?

And finally, os it any good?

Thanks

Scott

Wasted Space at Hardrock - how far from MGM and questions?

1. Its definitely a driving distance from MGM since Hardrock is located over on Paradise ave. You can take Koval (back side of MGM) to Hardrock.

2. Hardrock is really sketchy on cover charges. I am always on the guestlist for their events, but simply because I don%26#39;t carry a NV ID card, they will charge me a cover. If you aren%26#39;t a local, you will end up paying like everyone else. There are no promo cards for HardRock as far as I know.

3. Drink prices.. I paid $18 for goose/cranberry. If you substitute for a generic brand of vodka, I suppose it would run you about $12 at the regular price. Expect to pay $26-30 for 1 round of drinks for 2 people.

Wasted Space at Hardrock - how far from MGM and questions?

PS. There is one other way to get around cover charges at Hard Rock is by staying at the hotel.


You can walk it but it would take about 30mins and is roughly a mile and 1/2.

Cover varies but expect to pay $20 each. A Corona was $8 when I was there last.

Great club


Make sure you check their calendar as well, if there is a more popular band booked I%26#39;m sure it%26#39;ll cost a bit more. Also, it%26#39;s not a big place either, the more popular bands will fill-up / sell out the place.

I%26#39;d take a taxi or drive, taxi ride shouldn%26#39;t be more than $8-$10 each way, well worth it if you%26#39;re planning on having a few.


';You can take Koval (back side of MGM) to Hardrock.';

Its actually Harmon that you%26#39;d take. Koval and PAradise run the same direction. Harmon and Trop run the same direction.

HR is on the corner of Harmon/Paradise.


Oh yes, it is Harmon.. good catch there!


ACTUALLY you walk down Koval (behind MGM) and turn RIGHT onto Harmon

Just the walk to Koval might wear you out- this is a SUPER cheap cab fare and worth the time saved


Yea bro.. just don%26#39;t even think about walking. Especially at night. Theres parts of that street where there is constant construction and the lighting is bad.


my 1st couple years of college at UNLV the Shark Club was the best club. It was on Harmon just east of The Strip. I lived at Paradise Bay club which is right next door to the HR, at the time the HR Cafe was there but not the hotel.

Anyway a friend of mine who also lived at PBC was woken up by some guy, when my friend figured out what was going on he realized he was on the sidewalk it was about 830am somewhere on HArmon between The Shark Club and The Hard Rock Cafe. He just passed out right there on the sidewalk walking home, which as you mention is not a great area, but its not horrible either. He got rolled, his watch was missing but he had his wallet.


Went to Wasted Space most recently in January and was a bit turned off by the unisex bathrooms - might just be me though!

  • my first job interview
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment